The most widely used research telescope on earth now comes with the most advanced optical system in space.
Meade now brings to market a sophisticated Catadioptric optical design favored by research facilities worldwide at a price many enthusiasts can afford.
The LX200-ACF includes all the field-proven features of the LX200 including GPS, Primary Mirror Lock, Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser, Oversized Primary Mirror, SmartDrive, Smart Mount, AutoStar II and more. In addition, the LX200 comes with observatory-class optics crafted in Irvine, California, and a Series 5000 26 mm 5-Element Plossl eyepiece.
- Advanced f/10 Optics
- Advanced catadioptric optics perfect for demanding research and enthusiast imaging
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings
- UHTC increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade's standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
- Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser
- Allows you to obtain precise image focus with no image movement
- Primary Mirror Lock
- Locks the mirror in place during long-exposure astrophotography.
- Oversize Primary Mirror
- Mirror diameters are greater than their listed aperture (e.g., the diameter of the 8" LX200 is actually 8.25"). This additional 1/4" yields a wide, fully illuminated field-of-view.
- Smart Mount
- Constantly refines pointing accuracy each time an object is centered and updated. Compatible with both equatorial and altazimuth mounts.
- Smart Drive
- Provides permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) on both axes by learning and averaging error over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photographs. PPEC is available on both axes and functions in both polar and altazimuth modes.
- Sony GPS Receiver
- Sensor automatically inputs precise time, date, and geographical location to help quickly and precisely align the telescope.
- Telescopes with Meade's new AutoAlign come pre-aligned.They are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. AutoAlign picks two fail-proof alignment stars for you and places them right in your view-finder. Just center them to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips.
- AutoStar II
- The AutoStar II controller features "Hot Keys" for quick access to a 145,000 celestial object database. AutoStar II can be updated with the latest software upgrades, guided tours and timely objects like comets free at meade.com.