The 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6 AF DT Standard Zoom Lens lens from Sony is a DT-series Sony Alpha lens that has been optimized for cropped image sensors, and as a result it is not recommended for use with larger full-frame cameras. Its 18-70mm focal length is the 35mm equivalent of a standard 27-105mm standard zoom lens.
It is constructed of 11 elements in 9 groups, with Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and Aspheric glasselements, which all help to deliver sharp, clear photos throughout the zoom range. It has a minimum focusing distance of 1.2' and a front-end filter diameter of 55mm.
Note! Not compatible with 35mm or "full-frame" digital SLR cameras.
- 35mm Equivalent: 27-105mm
- This 18-70mm lens has a 3.8x zoom factor, and is the 35mm equivalent of a 27-105mm lens on the cropped APS-C cameras it was designed for.
- Aperture Range: f/3.5-36
- At the 18mm setting, the f-stop range is 3.5-22, and at the 70mm setting, the f-stop range is 5.6-36.
- Optimized For APS-C Size Sensors / DT-Format Alpha & Minolta DSLRs
- Optimized for Sony Alpha APS-C sensor cameras, the lens covers a 3.8x zoom range, from the wide 18mm end to a 70mm zoom, which is the 35mm equivalent of a 27-105mm lens.
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass
- To reduce chromatic aberrations, most noticeable when zoomed all the way in to the 105mm equivalent focal length, the extra-low dispersion glass corrects for certain wavelengths of light - producing sharper images with truer colors.
- Aspheric Glass Lens Elements
- These precision lens elements correct distortion for sharper, more visually accurate images across the entire zoom range of the lens.
- 7x Circular Aperture Blades
- Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Filter Diameter: 55mm
- The 55mm from filter thread does not rotate, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used.
Note:The 55mm from filter thread does not rotate, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used.