The 50mm f/2.8 Macro Prime Lens from Sony is versatile as a standard lens and suitable for general purpose photography. With a minimum focusing distance of only 7.9" this lens provides a magnification ratio of 1:1 making your subjects appear life-size. It uses a double-floating element design to correct aberrations. Its focus-range limiter and focus-hold button offer comfortable operation, while its circular aperture provides a natural looking out of focus background.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-32
- With a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and minimum of f/32, this lens' wide maximum aperture means you can capture images in darker conditions using faster shutter speeds and lower ISO sensitivity.
- 7x Circular Aperture Blades
- Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Focus Hold & Range Limiter Buttons
- The Range Limiter button tells the lens which end of the focus range to search for your subject, for faster performance and shorter seek time. Once you've set the focus, use the lock button to keep it right where you want it. There is also no rotation on the focus ring in autofocus (AF) mode.