The SAT 12 from Blue Sky International is a high-quality three-way active midfield monitor that offers clean, accurate sound reproduction with a wide frequency response. It has a 12-inch high excursion hemispherical woofer, a low-distortion 4-inch hemispherical midrange driver, and a 1-inch dual concentric diaphragm tweeter with an integral wave guide for excellent off-axis response. The proprietary "Multi-Aperture Acoustic Diffraction Absorber" incorporated into the baffle helps to maintain smooth on and off axis response without the need for a large wave guide or horn.
The SAT 12 hides three amplifiers under its hood, two 200W and one 100W. In order to meet today's increasing needs for surround monitoring, an 80Hz high-pass network with a phase correction filter is built-in for full compatibility with the SUB 15 and SUB 12 subwoofers and the Bass Management Controller (BMC) for system expansion. Two independent input stages allow a high degree of monitoring flexibility, letting you choose standard 80Hz bass-managed operation or traditional monitoring without the use of a sub.
Controls for full space or half space operation, as well as individual high, mid, and low frequency level trims and variable gain settings are found on the back panel. The SAT 12 can also operate vertically or horizontally thanks to a rotatable mid/high plate.
- Active three-way midfield monitor with clean and accurate sound reproduction
- Three separate amplifiers, two 200W and one 100W, for each of the drivers
- Proprietary "Multi-Aperture Acoustic Diffraction Absorber" reduces destructive cabinet diffraction effects and helps to maintain smooth on and off axis frequency response
- Built-in 80Hz high-pass network provides full compatibility with the SUB 12 and SUB 15 subwoofers and the BMC, allowing you to use the SAT 12 in a surround monitoring system
- Two independent input stages allow your choice of either standard 80Hz bass-managed operation or traditional monitoring without the use of a sub
- Rear-panel controls include full and half space selection, individual high, mid, and low level trims, and variable gain settings
- Horizontal or vertical operation
- 1/4" x 20 inserts allow attachment of OmniMount or Powerdrive type 120 brackets