The Ikelite Digital SubStrobe DS-51 was created specifically for use with digital cameras because of their use of preflash metering, but it is completely compatible with all film cameras and film camera housings.
The DS-51 offers 50 watt-seconds of power in a compact size with coverage adequate for lenses as wide as 28 mm, or add the included diffuser for wider coverage and softer lighting. Combine multiple strobes to cover very wide angle lenses with minimal illumination of particles suspended in the water.
The DS-51 operates TTL when connected by an appropriate sync cord to some Ikelite housings. Alternatively, the DS51 provides a manual exposure mode with six manual power settings in one-half f-stop increments for precise illumination of subjects.
For even more precise control the DS-51 can be connected to The Manual Controller. This provides ten power settings in half/stop increments. The Manual controller can operate as a wireless sensor triggered by another strobe, or it can be connected by one of the Ikelite sync cords.
- 50 Watt/seconds power with a guide #28 (underwater at ISO 100)
- Operates TTL when connected by an appropriate sync cord to some Ikelite housings or manual exposure mode with six manual power settings in one-half f-stop increments
- 70° angle of coverage, 80° with diffuser
- Recycle time of 3.5 seconds (Full power)
- Up to 200 flashes with full power batteries
- 5700° kelvin color temperature