The m801 from Grace Design is an eight channel microphone preamplifier designed for unmatched audio performance with massive headroom and ultra-wide bandwidth. The unit can effortlessly resolve even the lowest level ambient information, resulting in a sonic picture of absolute clarity and detail, which serves to capture the essential character of the music being recorded.
The signal path is fully balanced from start to finish, resulting in generous dynamic range, while high current output drivers enable long cable runs without signal loss. Included on each channel is a dedicated ribbon microphone switch, which shifts the preamplifier's entire gain range up 10dB while deactivating 48V phantom power and bypassing the decoupling capacitors on the selected channel.
An additional set of eight channel balanced outputs are included for sending signals to a secondary recorder, workstation or console. The m801 is equally suitable for use in the highest quality studio while also being able to capture every detail of a live performance.
- Fully balanced, transformerless eight-channel microphone preamplifier
- Fast, musical transimpedance amplifier architecture
- High-current outputs drive long cable runs
- Ribbon microphone mode switch
- Precision twenty-four position, gold contact rotary switch gain controls
- Switchable 48V phantom power, 20dB attenuator and phase reverse
- No electrolytic capacitors in the signal path
- Sealed gold contact relays for all signal switching
- Highest quality metal film resistors used throughout
- Two color, bi-phase LED peak indicators
- Universal, regulated linear power supply with custom wound toroidal transformer