The m802 from Grace Design is an eight channel, remote controllable microphone preamplifier designed for unmatched audio performance with massive headroom and ultra-wide bandwidth. The unit can effortlessly resolve even the lowest level ambient information, resulting in a sonic picture of absolute clarity and detail, which serves to capture the essential character of the music being recorded.
The m802 system consists of an eight channel preamplifier chassis, a power supply chassis and an optional remote control unit. Additionally, the preamp can also be controlled directly from Digidesign ProTools HD systems, compatible control surfaces and many other MIDI devices.
The preamplifier chassis contains eight audio amplifier PCBs, a micro controller PCB and a front panel control interface. For remote control communications, the preamplifier is equipped with two Philips I2C bus connectors (proprietary D-sub 9 pin) and MIDI in and out connectors. The signal path is fully balanced from start to finish, resulting in generous dynamic range, while high current output drivers enable long cable runs without signal loss.
An additional set of eight channel balanced outputs are included for sending signals to a secondary recorder, workstation or console. The use of an external DC power supply unit ensures that no power line interference can compromise the performance of the sensitive microphone amplifier circuits.
Note! The 9-pin I2C is a proprietary interface and is not compatible with RS-232, RS-422, or any other 9-pin based serial protocol.
- Fully balanced, transformerless eight-channel remote controllable microphone preamplifier
- Fast, musical transimpedance amplifier architecture
- Controllable from the front panel, Digidesign ProTools HD systems, compatible control surfaces and many other MIDI devices and an optional Grace Design RCU remote control
- Fast, efficient Philips I2C serial protocol to control preamplifiers from up to 1000 feet away
- Optional RCU able to address up to eight units (sixty-four channels) from up to 1000 feet away
- High-current outputs drive long cable runs
- Channel Group Mode perfect for stereo pairs, subgroups
- Large white back-lit LCD display
- Flexible digital metering with peak hold and reset
- Fifteen user preset memory locations, for saving preamplifier settings including gain, phantom power and phase
- Front panel lockout mode
- Universal, regulated linear power supply with custom wound toroidal transformer