Radio Design Labs has come up with the AV-HK1X Hum Killer Transformer to give you ground isolation in a balanced line with a low impedance audio source and either a low or high impedance load.
Both input and output XLR connections are provided on gold-plated phono jacks. The shield pin of the input is electrically isolated from the case and from the output ground at audio frequencies. The ground connection of the output is connected to the case shield.
This rugged transformer is designed to be taken on the road and will withstand travel conditions but it also works well as an installed unit, simply attach the included mounting bracket and you're in business.
If you find that you use a lot of stereo mini-jacks while working, never fear, the AV-HK1 comes with adapters so an instant and convenient interface is right at hand.
- Line Level, Ground Loop Elimination
- By breaking the ground loop connection, RDL has eliminated that hum from your sound system.
- Balanced Mono Galvanic Isolation
- The studio quality audio transformer provides galvanic isolation between the input and the output.
- Portable and Fixed Applications
- The AV-HK1X is extremely rugged and built to be portable, but the included mounting bracket also makes this a perfect transformer for fixed installations.