The MidiTron, made by Eroktronix and distributed by Cycling '74, is a user-configurable MIDI analog/digital I/O interface that lets you simplify the process of creating electronic projects based on sensors and robotics. The MidiTron can be used in music controllers, VJ controllers, dance triggers, body suits, MIDI instruments, robotic controllers, and more. The unit is very compact and runs on a single 9V battery, allowing it to be embedded in a wide variety of projects.
The MidiTron has 20 terminals of analog and digital inputs and outputs, which can be easily configured using menu-driven software. No special drivers are needed for MIDI input and output. Various input devices that can be used with the MidiTron include sensors, pots, switches, and more. You can output signals to motors, relays, LEDs, and more.
- Compact unit can be embedded into a variety of projects
- Runs on a single 9V battery
- Use in music or VJ controllers, interactive installations, robotic controllers, MIDI instruments, dance triggers, and more
- Menu-driven program software provided for configuration of I/Os. Software is compatible with Mac OSX and Windows XP
- On-board flash memory stores your I/O configuration so the unit can run without being connected to a computer
- Standard MIDI input and output connectors require no special drivers
- You can configure up to 20 digital I/Os or analog (PWM) outputs and up to 10 analog (ADC) inputs
- Input devices can include sensors, pots, or switches, while outputs can consist of motors, relays, LEDs, and more