The Gefen Inc. CAT51000 is a transmitter and matching receiver kit that allows a user to separate computer components up to 330' (100 m,) far beyond the reach of standard desktop cables. It uses inexpensive and common CAT5 network cable to connect the sender and receiver over great distances. Sample installations include recording studios where noisy components like computer fans and hard drives need to be out of range of sensitive microphones. Another use is for public kiosks with a keyboard, video monitor, and mouse (KVM) where the computer needs to be in a different and/or secure location. The CAT5•1000 also features a video pass through port on the sender to split the video signal and allow local monitoring at the desktop as well as at the remote location.
- Extends any VGA or USB 1.1 compliant device up to 330 feet (100 m) away from the computer
- Helps to eliminate computer noise or hum and electro-magnetic interference created by desktop computers
- Additional focus trimpod for higher resolutions
- Uses one inexpensive standard CAT-5 network cables to connect sender and receiver
- Supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1200