Zeiss' 8x56 Victory T* FL Binocular is the epitome of optical excellence. From any measurement of greatness it succeeds admirably, a tool bereft of weakness which becomes so intuitive with use as to functionally disappear from the user's mindset. This should be the goal of any binocular-to be the invisible conduit to great viewing of the subject. Its 8x56 configuration provides a compromise between a lower magnification with greater hand-tractability and a higher magnification but limited hand-held options.
The optics of the 8x56 Victory T* FL were created with elements of abnormal partial dispersion, a chunk of gobbledygook easily translating to the observer as the theoretical limit of razor sharp imagery free of color shift or chromatic aberration, the dreaded bane of bargain binoculars. When focusing upon a flat subject, the image is as sharp at the edges of the enormous viewing field as it is at the center. The broad focusing range goes from end to end in just a single rotation of the center focus dial, which also houses the dioptric correction.
The 8x56 Victory T* FL, like all ultra-premium European crafted binoculars, is not for the frugally minded. It is instead a product intentionally designed to deliver awe-inspiring optical and mechanical brilliance, and for many the lifetime of expected performance from such a device quickly amortizes its high initial investment.
- Lightweight, durable fiber-reinforced polymer body with Black finish
- Abbe-Koenig roof prisms
- Twist-lock eyecups with 4 detented stops for perfect eye placement
- ±4 Dioptric correction
- 55-76mm Interpupillary adjustment range
- Warranty Coverage That Retains Value
- Zeiss' Lifetime Transferrable Warranty protects the value of your investment like no other company. As long as the binocular was sold by an authorized USA Zeiss dealer they are under warranty for whoever owns them, and this makes the unfortunate prospect of parting with your 8x56 Victory T* FL a less painful experience.