The 8ox-rm-r from Radial Engineering is a rack-mountable eight-channel, three-way mic splitter. It splits up to eight microphone signals into three outputs, allowing you to feed three mic preamps from a single source. The 8ox-rm-r also has a pad on each channel for line-level sources. This makes the unit very flexible for all types of signal splitting, but particularly for live recording because it will deliver transformer-isolated audio to the recording engineer and a direct feed to the front of house and monitor consoles.
Multiple types of connectors are included on the 8ox-rm-r for maximum flexibility. Front-panel XLR and rear-panel 25-pin D-sub and phoenix screw-down connectors each provide input access. A direct output enables 48V phantom power return, while an auxiliary output with a ground-lift switch helps minimize hum and buzz. The unit is completely passive and requires no power source for operation.
- Single rack-space unit with rugged steel construction
- Splits eight microphone signals into three outputs
- Pad on every channel for line-level signals
- Ideal for live recording and signal distribution
- Multiple types of input connectors for flexibility
- 48V phantom power return on direct output and ground-lift switch on auxiliary output
- Requires no power supply