The Radial Engineering Bassbone Two-Channel Instrument Preamp is more than a transparent pre-amp for one or two basses. It's a "bass command center" that offers a three-band EQ, an output boost, a ground lift, a balanced output (making the Bassbone its own direct box), and an effect loop insert. It puts all of this in a compact, pedalboard-friendly enclosure made with 14-gauge steel and heavy-duty components.
Each of the two channels can be adjusted separately, to avoid spikes or drops in volume when switching basses. The effect loop insert can be combined with the boost circuit to create striking shifts in dynamics with a single pedal-step.
Compact, tough as nails, and packed with the features bass players want and need, the Bassbone is a portable bass tone headquarters anyone can use.
- One or Two Basses
- The Bassbone can be used as an instrument switcher or as a two-channel preamp for a single bass.
- Balanced Out
- The Bassbone features a balanced XLR out for direct connection to mixing boards. Functioning as a built-in direct box, this balanced out carries all your effects and preamp settings directly into the mix.
- Output Boost
- The output boost can be used on its own for solos or louder passages, or combined with the effects insert to toggle both at once. You can create a completely different sound with one step.
- Sound Sculpting
- Each of the two channels has its own three-band EQ, and Channel 1 has a contour selector for extensive sound-sculpting control.
- Tuner Out
- Tuners are indispensable, but they add noise and color your tone. The Bassbone's dedicated tuner output isolates the tuner from your signal path. Your tuner is always accessible, but never a hindrance.