Archival Methods 2-Ply Bright White 100% Cotton Museum Board contains 25 boards that measure 11 x 14" each. The board is a high-quality mat board used for many fine print and document projects. Whether for traditional print or digital technology, this board will provide a solid, acid-free backing that is perfect for display purposes. It can also be used for small mat cutting where, for example, a 2-ply board will provide a 1/32" separation between the work and the glazing.
Your best print deserves the best mount possible. Presentation is half the battle and Archival Methods gives you the way to show off your best work. This is quality board designed for archival display.
For window mats and mat backing, Archival Methods recommends a thickness of 4-Ply, which creates a 1/16" separation between artwork and glazing and provides a flat, supportive backing.
- 100% cotton fiber
- Processed with artesian well water - pollutant and alkaline-free
- Acid and lignin-free (Lignin content is tested by TAPPI 236 cm-85 and has a Kappa number of less than five)
- Calcium carbonate buffer maintains proper pH levels and protects against airborne pollutants (2-3% alkaline reserve, pH 9 +/-0.5, acid-free)
- Pulp-free - Contains no metal particles, waxes, plasticizers or residual bleach peroxides
- Alkaline, alum-free sizing is used internally and across external surfaces
Manufactured to Museum Standards
- The single ply sheets are laminated together using all natural starch adhesive
- Board will not degrade and cause harm to mounted matted artwork
- Board passes PAT (Photographic Activity Test) ISO 14523 (formerly ANSI IT9.16)
- Color dyes are light-fast and non-bleeding
- Internal Sizing
- Sizing agents are used to prevent liquid from being absorbed into the board during the manufacturing process. There are three types of internal sizing: acid sizing, neutral sizing, alkaline sizing. This is done to strengthen the inside fibers of the board
- External Sizing
- This is a process used to enhance the surface properties of the board (i.e. matte, glossy) and are characterized by the use of a alkaline pH-8.5 starch
- No alum is used in the manufacturing process