The Rodenstock 65mm f/4.5 Grandagon-N Lens is a professional wide angle lens for the 4x5 format, providing an angle of view on 4x5 which is similar to a 17mm lens in the 35mm format. The Grandagon-N series is an 8-element, highly-corrected optical formula known for great contrast and distortion correction.
The 105° angle of coverage permits a generous 10mm of all-direction shift on the 4x5 format, particularly beneficial when capturing a building from ground level. This lens is recommended for use between f/16 and f/22 apertures.
For critical work with transparency film, it is strongly recommended to use the Rodenstock #17001 dedicated center filter.
- Extremely sharp ultra wide lens for professional results in the 4x5 format
- Highly corrected 8 element optical formula
- Excellent correction of perspective distortion
- Increased coverage to 105°
- Bright f/4.5 maximum aperture allows easier focusing in subdued light
- Maximum image circle of 170mm allows ±10mm of rise/fall/shift (in both vertical/horizontal composition) for 4x5 format
- Accepts 58mm filters
- Optional center filter for critical correction of light falloff when working with transparency films
- Standard-style Copal #0 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/500th speed