The Rodenstock 90mm f/4.5 Grandagon-N Lens is a professional wide angle lens for the 4x5 or 5x7 formats, providing an angle of view on 4x5 which is similar to a 24mm lens in the 35mm format. The Grandagon-N series is an 8-element, highly-corrected optical formula known for great contrast and distortion correction. This is a perfect lens for capturing interior spaces, buildings, landscapes, etc.
The 105° angle of coverage permits a generous 48mm of all-direction shift on the 4x5 format, particularly beneficial when capturing a building from ground level. This lens is recommended for use between f/16 and f/22 apertures.
For critical work with transparency film, it is strongly recommended to use the Rodenstock #17003 dedicated center filter.
- Extremely sharp ultra wide lens for professional results in the 4x5 format
- Highly corrected 8 element optical formula
- Excellent correction of perspective distortion
- Increased coverage to 105°
- Bright f/4.5 maximum aperture allows easier focusing in subdued light
- Maximum image circle of 236mm allows ±48mm of rise/fall/shift (in both vertical/horizontal composition) for 4x5 format
- Accepts 82mm filters
- Optional center filter for critical correction of light falloff when working with transparency films
- Standard-style Copal #1 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/400th speed