The Bosch Divar DVR16E2162 is a compact and low profile 16-channel digital video recorder, loaded with the features necessary to effectively secure high-end commercial facilities while taking up minimal rack or desktop space. The DVR accepts up to 16 NTSC or PAL security cameras for simultaneous recording, playback and archiving.
Cameras and recorded footage can be viewed on-site on two spot monitor outputs or from a remote location via an Internet PC. Working from a networked PC, an operator can also control the pan, tilt and zoom of certain PTZ dome cameras.
- 16 Camera Inputs with Multiplexer
- The DVR accepts up to 16 NTSC or PAL analog security cameras, and with its built-in multiplexer is capable of simultaneous recording, playback and archiving of all its camera inputs.
- Multi-Image Display with Manual and Sequential Switching
- Cameras can be viewed in full screen one at a time or in various blocks of up to 16 cameras on one screen. Switching between cameras can be done manually or by programming the DVR to auto switch at regular intervals.
- Remote Internet Operation
- By logging on to a remote Internet computer, an administrator can view cameras and recorded images as well as control the pan, tilt and zoom functions of PTZ enabled dome cameras.
- 320GB Hard Drive
- The DVR comes equipped with a 320GB HDD and features a disk manager menu offering real time information on recording status, disk capacity, used space and recording time left. Storage is easily expandable by adding external hard disks or RAID arrays to the DVR's built-in SCSI adapter.
- Programmable Recording with Motion Detection
- The DVR can be programmed to record based on various factors such as on a time or date basis, at the event of an alarm, when triggered by motion detection or by external sensors. This saves valuable hard drive space and makes it easy for a user to locate a particular video footage among hours of recorded material. Motion detection is fully configurable for area and sensitivity.
- Password Protection and Video Authentication
- Each video frame can be checked for authenticity in the disk manager menu. Authenticated video footage can then be archived in an overwrite protection section of the hard drive to preserve its integrity. Additionally, this unit requires a password entry to access various functions, including remote Internet use and opening certain critical menus.
- Digital Zoom
- For stationary cameras that don't have physical zoom capabilities, this DVR offers a 4x digital zoom to bring an object into close view.
- Easy Setup and Operation
- Bosch designed this unit so that a system administrator can install, program and operate the unit in as little time as possible. This is achieved by a Quick Install feature, by user-friendly on-screen menus offered in several languages and by a convenient yellow self help button.
- Optional ATM/POS and Keyboard
- Various optional devices are available to enhance the functionality of this DVR. These include an ATM/POS bridge that allows financial transactions details to be recorded in tandem with the video footage, making it ideal for use in cash register and similar point-of-sale based applications. Also available is an optional Bosch KBD universal keyboard, which allows an administrator to control fixed, AutoDome or PTZ cameras from an on-site location.