The Bosch KBD-Universal is a full featured keyboard designed for use with all Allegiant switchers, Divar digital recorders and System4 multiplexers. This keyboard has the advantage over the KBD-Digital model keyboard of being able to control an Allegiant switcher plus a Divar recorder or System4 multiplexer at the same time, eliminating the need for multiple keyboards. The keyboard connects to a system using the supplied 10 ft. cable carrying both control signals and power. Optional keyboard extension kits are available to extend distances up to 100 ft. (LTC 8558) or up to 5000 ft. (LTC8557). The keyboard is built of a rugged splash-proof design and incorporates various features for ease of setup and operation. These include Soft Keys, backlit-keys with an easy-to-read display, and a user-friendly OSD offering programming in several languages. An optional rack kit is available for mounting in a standard 19" rack.
- Controls Two Systems
- A single KBD-Universal can be used to control two systems at the same time, for example an Allegiant switcher plus a DVR or System4 multiplexer. The keyboard can also be used in an ADIM system configuration to integrate a digital video recorder with an Allegiant switcher.
- Joystick Control
- The keyboard features a built-in joystick, enabling precise control of major camera functions including pan/tilt, zoom, manual focus, open/close, iris, start/stop, random scanning as well as control of any auxiliary devices attached to the camera.
- Remote Network Access
- The keyboard supports both the standard Allegiant RS-485 and the Allegiant RS-232 control protocols. RS-232 control allows an operator to access the keyboard from a remote IP network location.
- Plug and Play with IntuiKey Function
- Bosch designed this unit so that even a new operator will have it up and running in a short time. One of the major plug and play features is an IntuiKey soft key function which offers a menu-driven approach for programming and accessing frequently used screen displays and camera settings. These allow an operator to quickly program and operate even a large system without having to memorize complex system commands. The IntuiKey can also operate in a Terminal mode using a special RS-232 protocol, allowing third-party integrators and internal developers to use the IntuiKey as a customizable user interface.