The Formatt-Hitech 4 x 5.65" Soft-Edge 0.3 Graduated Neutral Density Glass Filter helps to specifically darken skies and other bright areas of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged transition line between the density and clear areas. By having only a portion of neutral density on the filter, you can selectively darken areas of an image while allowing the portion of the image within the clear section to receive the normal amount of exposure. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and the 0.3 density provides a 1 stop reduction in light from entering the lens.
Formatt-Hitech glass filters are constructed from high-quality Schott Superwite glass for exceptional clarity and maintained light transmission. This filter is compatible with the Formatt Hitech 100mm Filter Holder and measures 4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5mm. The horizontal orientation designation means this filter's line of transition runs parallel to the long side of the filter.
- Soft-edged 0.3 graduated ND filter for darkening skies and other bright areas of the image.
- Provides a 1 stop reduction in light in selective areas.
- Soft-edge transition is ideal for circumstances there is not a distinct line of separation between the bright and dark zones of the image.
- Neutral density filters do not affect the overall coloration of the image.
- Compatible for use with the Formatt Hitech 100mm Filter Holder.