The Sony WRT-8B is a compact, lightweight body-pack transmitter for use with compatible Sony wireless microphone receivers. The body-pack's small, lightweight design is convenient when wearing for long periods of time, such as theater or sound reinforcement applications.
The transmitter will accommodate Sony microphones fitted with a SMC9-4P connector. The WRT-8B allows users to select between 188 frequencies for maximum performance in situations where RF interference is present. Switchable RF output level provides flexibility in various applications. 10mW output is suitable for multi-channel use in theater and studios; the 50mW output is intended for long range transmission, typically for sports or news coverage.
Note! For system compatibility, the component's frequency MUST match your existing system/component frequency.
- Frequency Agile
- The WRT-8B provides 188 user selectable UHF frequencies covering frequencies under both, channels 66 and 68 groupings. This provides flexible frequency options when RF interference is present.
- Selectable RF Output
- Users are capable of selecting between operating at 10mW or 50mW radio frequency output power. 10mW power is suitable for multi-channel use in-doors, whereas 50mW is intended for outdoor-long range use.
- Long Operating Time
- The transmitter is capable of operating for approximately 13 hours on two AA-size alkaline batteries at 10mW output power. Power life is approximately 6 hours at 50mW output power.
- LCD/LED Display
- The comprehensive LCD displays operating channel/frequency, AF input level, RF output level battery status and operating time. A battery warning LED flashes approximately 1 hour before the battery is exhausted.
- Rugged Compact Design
- It's ultra-compact and lightweight design make it convenient for theater and stage application, while it's die-cast magnesium shell is made to withstand the rigors of the road.