The 6x7 Triple Condenser Enlarger from Omega/LPL is the top of the line for medium format black-and-white enlarging. There's one word for black and white prints made on a condenser enlarger: "snappy", and, none are more crisp than those printed on a 670CXL.
Except for the lamphouse, it is identical to the dichroic model (lamphouses are interchangeable and available separately). Though primarily intended for B&W, the CXL is "color-ready" by using the built-in filter drawer to hold color correction (CC) filters or interchanging the lamphouse with a dichroic unit. Priced for the hobbyist, this incredibly rugged enlarger is widely used in schools and for commercial applications.
NOTE: Does Not Come With Lens & Negative Carrier
- A triple condenser design guarantees uniform, corner-to-corner illumination.
- A lever-operated pressure plate indexes the carrier and keeps negatives flat.
- Slip-free dual rail focusing with both bottom left and right focusing knobs, with a fully counterbalanced die-cast carriage.
- A red safety filter is included with the CXL. The filter insert is removable, allowing the holder to be used for under-the-lens filters and accessories.
- Die-cast film and lens stage assembly with lensboard tilt and shift capability.
- Extra-long column, for almost 18x enlargements from 35mm negatives.
- Oversized baseboard with photo gray, chemical resistant, laminated surface.