Sound Craft Systems' WSV-40RO Educator Multimedia Workstation (Dark Cherry Oak) is a value-priced, quality piece of presentation furniture combining the most sought after features in a compact, attractive design. Sound-Craft also offers a diverse range of customization options including cutouts, a timer, desk-mounted arms, recessed screens, microphone and task light accessories, cooling and wiring options, decorative logos, wedges, drawers, and shelves.
A large work surface covered in wear-resistant Nevamar plastic laminate can support flat LCD or standard VGA monitors, or a laptop. If you have a separate keyboard, the pullout keyboard shelf will hold it. There's also a locking accessory drawer for keeping presentation supplies. On the right, a spacious folding document camera shelf folds down for easy storage and transport, while three-inch casters make it portable.
Locking equipment bays at the bottom provide plenty of space for storing electronics or supplies; cable management is built in.
The Educator is made from rotary sliced red oak veneer in a choice of three durable finishes: Natural, Dark Oak, and Dark Cherry. This model has a Dark Cherry Oak stain.
- Document Camera Shelf
- Keep your document camera on a handy shelf that folds down to take less space when unused.
- Keyboard Drawer
- Your keyboard and mouse are always at hand thanks to a convenient locking drawer. Heavy-duty steel ball bearing slides ensure smooth travel.
- Accessory Drawer
- The Educator includes a 19.25 x 11.25" (48.9 x 28.58 cm) accessory drawer where you can store small presentation tools, pens, etc. The drawer includes a lock to protect valuable items.
- Locking Bays
- The lower section of the Multimedia Workstation is enclosed with locking doors where you can store accessories and presentation materials. You can also purchase and add up to two rackmount bays or two columns of shelves.
- Sophisticated Cable Management
- CPO Cable Port Outlets are included in both left and right bays to let cables descend to the floor. When ordering, you can specify additional Port Outlets, for example, to let wires pass from either side of the desktop down into the bays. The CCB Cable Cubby is an another optional accessory that uses a hinged cover to hide wires running from the desktop to the bays.
- Optional Digital Clock/Timer
- The TMR (sold separately) is a helpful clock and countdown timer that helps pace your presentation. When you start speaking, a green light indicates that the timer has started. Program it to cue you with a yellow light after a certain duration, then to turn red when you need to wrap it up. The Clock/Timer is found in courtrooms, classrooms, and other time-critical environments.
- Custom Cutouts
- Sound-Craft Systems will modify your desk at the factory to accommodate user-installed options like remote controls, recessed monitors, microphones, and other electronics. A variety of recessed connectivity plates are available for supporting flat and full-size VGA monitors, touch screens, rack gear, and other equipment. (Order the CCO Custom Cutout option to request modifications. Note that to install unique equipment, a unit must be shipped to Sound-Craft Systems for custom fitting.)
- Custom Mounts
- You can purchase desktop monitor mounts in a variety of styles. Options include the recessed MW Monitor Well for Flat-Panel Displays, LCDMNT Adjustable LCD Monitor Mount, SVM Swivel Monitor Mount, and the EAMNT Height-Adjustable Extension Arm Mount. Specify which side of the desk to install on when ordering.
- Optional Cooling Fan
- Protect heat-sensitive equipment with factory installed CF Cooling Fans in the base of your cabinet, one per bay (each sold separately). An optional on/off switch can also be mounted on the work surface.
- Optional Duplex Outlet
- You can buy installed power options including the DPLX 2-Plug Outlet and the ECORA Outlet featuring black cover plates. Add power to the work surface, the back of the desk, of another custom location.
- Task Light Option
- The LL18 (sold separately) is a low-voltage 18.0" (45.72 cm) Littlite gooseneck lamp with a thin black head and built-in dimmer switch. Have it mounted anywhere on the desk.
- Wiring Duct Option
- WD Wiring Ducts, like lacing strips, keep your cables separate and neat. Instead of wrapping wires tightly around posts, you feed them through cable port openings that keep them safe from stress and tangles.
- 16 Space Rack Mount Accessory
- Buy one or two optional 16RM 16-Space Rack Mounts to install in either the left or right bay. The 16RM can hold any EIA standard electronics such as amplifiers, audio limiters, and rackmount computers.
- Adjustable Shelf Accessory
- If you want shelves in the lower bays, get the SHLF accessory, which includes metal mounting standards for adding multiple shelves. For each additional shelf you want to install, buy a separate SHLFA accessory. Shelves can be mounted in 0.5" (1.27 cm) increments.