The BusAlyzer from JL Cooper is a serial communications analyzer and monitor designed specifically for use with the P2 protocol commonly used by Sony, Panasonic and other professional VTRs, DDRs and video servers. It works with a host computer running Windows, connects over 10/100 Ethernet, and helps solve communication problems and remotely monitor machines.
The unit has 2 serial ports to monitor the exchange of commands and responses between a controller and a deck. The supplied Windows software displays the time-stamped raw data. Additionally, the software allows you to filter and decode the raw commands to display it in an easy to interpret manner, and the data can also be saved for later analysis.
- An invaluable tool for remote monitoring and analysis of the P2 protocol commonly used by professional VTRs, DDRs and video servers
- Can be configured to act as a 2-port serial to Ethernet converter
- Pairing it with a second unit allows you create 2, bidirectional serial links over any Ethernet connection, even over the public switched internet
- Features a 10/100 RJ-45 Ethernet connector, two 9-pin RS-422 D-Sub connectors and a DC power jack
- LED indicators show status of Ethernet and serial port activity