The GangWay16 from JL Cooper is a compact, easy-to-use, one-port RS-422 gang roll switcher and GPI trigger box. It allows you to control up to 16 decks or video servers from a single 9-pin controller. The front panel includes a lighted button for clear indication as to the status of each machine, a gang roll button to quickly enable all machines, 3 user preset groups, and a tally select button.
The 22 illuminated push button switches show configuration and the port routing. A front mounted RS-422 port provides a convenient connection for a jog/shuttle remote or other device. The unit has 16 RS-422 ports on the rear panel and a rear mounted RS- 422 control input. The rear panel also includes two 25-pin D-Sub connectors for GPI I/O, a power switch and an additional interface slot.
The interface slot can accept an optional interface card which can act as a master Input, connecting the GangWay16 to either 10/100 Ethernet, USB, RS-232 or RS-422. This can be used to remotely change the switching configuration of the GangWay16 itself, or as the source of commands for controlling connected VTRs, DDRs or servers.
- 16-port "gang roll" router for RS-422 decks
- Allows you to control up to 16 decks or video servers from one 9-pin controller
- 22 illuminated pushbutton switches to configure and show the port routing.
- Connections include two 9-pin D-Sub connectors for controllers (one on the rear panel, one on the front panel) and sixteen 9-pin D-Sub connectors for devices such as VTR decks, video servers and switchers
- You can communicate with GangWay16 over LAN or over the internet, for remote control and switching functionality - ideal for remote truck or studio applications
- A new feature allows the ES-SloMo - Universal Instant Replay Controller to directly interface with GangWay16 to provide for control up to 16 RS-422 machines or server channels, using the GangWay16 as the machine interface