The Leica SUMMILUX-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. (6-Bit Code) delivers virtually the same outstanding performance throughout all apertures and focus settings. Whether using selective focus at close range, high-contrast available light applications or an extended depth of field to capture landscapes, this lens handles every situation with ease.
Every innovation currently available in lens technology - aspherical lenses, glass with anomalous partial dispersion, glass with a high refraction index and a floating element - has been combined to create a lens that sets the new standard in this focal length class.
This lens has been updated with the "6-bit" coding, which allows the digital M camera to read this information optically and to identify which lens is being used. The camera can then (optionally) apply a "final stage" software based vignetting correction (for RAW images the lens used is simply recorded, no change is made).
- An extremely fast standard lens that is used a great deal in reportage photography. Its extraordinary speed of f/1.4 permits usable shutter speeds even in poor light situations.
- Includes "6-bit code" which allows the digital M8 camera to identify which lens is being used, and also to store this information in image metadata
- High-speed, high-contrast normal lens for Leica's M series
- Finger focusing grip allows for one-finger focusing control
- Built-in, lockable telescoping lens hood