The Tascam DV-RA1000HD is a rack-mountable, high-resolution CD, DVD, and hard drive recorder for mixdown, mastering, and event recording. It records at up to 192kHz/24-bit PCM resolution and also offers Direct Stream Digital audio, the format created by Sony for Super Audio CDs. The DV-RA1000HD is one of the few players on the market to offer Direct Stream Digital for under $10,000.
Digital Signal Processing for EQ and dynamics processing is included, as well as a USB 2.0 port for connection to a computer, and a healthy offering of analog and digital I/Os. DiscWelder Bronze 1000 from Minnetonka, a DSD conversion and DVD-Audio disc authoring program, is offered free to DV-RA1000HD owners.
The unit features an internal 60 GB hard drive, which stores up to 60 hours of recordings, making it perfect for live applications. You can also record over 5 hours of material directly to a DVD+RW disc.
Whether you're recording live, mixing down in a studio, or working on audiophile archival, the DV-RA1000HD offers all the features and great quality you need.
- Ultra high-quality recording
- Record 192kHz/24-bit PCM or DSD Format.
- Multiple Recording Options
- Record directly to the internal hard drive, or to DVD+RW, CD-R, or CD-RW media.
- Multiple Archiving Options
- Archive to DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R and DVD+RW discs.
- On-Board Compression and Effects
- Multiband compression and 3-band EQ mixdown effects are built-in.
- Multiple Analog and Digital I/Os
- XLR, RCA, AES/EBU, S/PDIF, and SDIF 3/DSD RAW.
- USB 2.0
- Connect easily to a computer for data transfer.
- Minnetonka DiscWelder Bronze 1000 Software
- Author DVD-Audio discs, author discs compatible with any DVD player, and convert DSD recordings to PCM for use in editing software.
- Word Sync
- BNC connection for word sync in, out, and thru.
- RS-232C Serial Control
- Connect an optional serial control device.
- Wired RC-RA1000 Remote Input and Included Remote
- Includes remote control input for RC-RA1000 wired remote control (also included).
- PS/2 Keyboard Connector
- Allows title editing.
- User-Definable Function Keys
- Customize the interface according to your needs.
- Large LCD Display
- Large, backlit LCD for easy viewing.
- Dedicated Input Level Control and Adjustable Maximum Output Level
- Set input and output levels individually.
- Various Play and Record Modes
- Includes auto track increment, auto cue, auto ready, single/continuous play and program A/B play.
- Pitch Control
- +/- 6% pitch control.
- Jog Playback
- Built-in jog wheel.
- Fade In/Out
- Add fades in and out.