The Alesis Trigger|iO is a highly useful device for electronic percussionists that allows your drum pads to trigger sounds on external synthesizers or drum modules, whether hardware or software. With the Trigger/io, you can use your drum triggers to play soft synths on your computer or patches from hardware synths or drum modules. Using either the MIDI or USB connectors, you can fine-tune the parameters of the triggered notes to your liking. This includes sending continuous controller messages via your high-hat pedal. You can save these setups in one of twenty programmable presets for instant recall later.
The Trigger|iO comes bundled with BFD Lite, a software drum module containing pro-quality acoustic and electronic samples.
- Turn Your Drum Set Into a Synth
- Assign any note from any synth patch to any pad in your set. Drums, strings, FX, pads--any sound can be triggered from your drum set.
- The Trigger|iO can read input from Alesis drum pads, as well as those made by Roland and Yamaha.
- Switch Kits on the Fly
- The Trigger|iO holds twenty programmable presets where you can store your setups. Connecting a foot pedal allows you to switch between setups hands-free.
- Drum Module Included
- The Trigger|iO ships bundled with FXPansion's BFD Lite, a professional software drum module with high-quality drum libraries, both acoustic and electronic.
- Customize Your Settings
- Use the simple front-panel interface to edit various parameters of the triggered sounds. Customizable trigger settings include Sensitivity, Assignment of MIDI Channels, Note Numbers, Crosstalk, Velocity Curve, Threshold, Retrigger Time and Pad Type.
- Mounting Holes
- The Trigger|iO comes with pre-drilled mounting holes to make it easy to mount it on your drum stand.