The Schneider 120mm f/5.6 Makro-Symmar HM Lens is a large format lens specifically designed for macro use, primarily for the 4x5 and 5x7 formats. It can also be used upon 6x9 cameras, and even 8x10 cameras at 2:1 magnification. The Makro-Symmar HM, within its recommended 1:4 to 4:1 reproduction ratio range, produces images with superior resolution, contrast, and color correction. The difference versus a common-use large format lens is stunning. It is an apochromatic design, and incorporates costly ULD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) glass elements for the highest possible quality. The Makro-Symmar HM is meant to be used at larger apertures to limit the degradation of image quality caused by diffraction.
Even at a lowered 1:2 reproduction ratio, this Makro-Symmar HM allows 20mm of all-direction shift with 4x5 cameras, and at higher reproduction ratios you'll have all of the image circle you could ever need for 4x5, and even for 5x7 use. Despite this, the lens is rather light at just over 8 ounces, and takes very small 40.5mm filters.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for macro use
- Recommended for use at ratios as low as 1:4, and to a maximum of 4:1
- Standard view with 47° coverage
- Apochromatic design which employs ULD glass to eliminate color fringing
- Ideal working aperture range of f/8-11
- Accepts 40.5mm threaded filters
- Rear barrel diameter of just 37.5mm
- Standard type Copal #0 shutter