The Comprehensive / Kramer PT-120 Receiver is a component of an array of products intended to extend the reach of computer video cables, dramatically increasing the distance between source and monitor. This allows a user to cleanly extend their studio, video, and security applications beyond the short cabling that restricts the spacing of devices.
Using a compatible transmitter, the PT-120 can accept a video signal that has been converted by the transmitter into a feed that is sent down a twisted-pair (ethernet) cable. Any CAT5 network cable can be used to link Tx and Rx at a distance up to 328' (100 m). One added convenience is the Power Connect system, which allows both Tx and Rx to receive power from a single source; this feature requires both units to have the Power Connect system.
The PT-120 works in conjunction with the following transmitters:
- System Range up to 328' (100 m). Greater distances are possible, depending on signal resolution and cable.
- Power Connect System - Only one unit in an array, the Tx or Rx, needs to be connected to a power source. All the system units must have the Power Connect system in order to use this feature
- Capable of handling HDTV resolution
- Level (gain) & EQ (peaking) controls, to fine tune signal
- Horizontal and vertical polarity selection
- Up to UXGA resolution
- Uses readily-available UTP (unshielded twisted pair) cable such as CAT5
- Part of the PicoTOOLS family of extremely compact, high-quality and cost-effective electronic solutions