Galaxy Audio's S5N8 5" Neolite Neodymium Driver is tailored to reproduce a frequency range from 150 Hz to 18 kHz. While the Neolite is just as powerful as its predecessor is, it is a remarkable 1/3 of the weight due to the incorporation of the lightweight neodymium magnet. In addition, this driver is shielded so it can be placed next to sensitive equipment and you never need to worry about magnetic interference.
Dissipating heat is essential when creating a powerful speaker and Galaxy Audio has addressed that issue in the Neolite by incorporating their patented SUPER COOL system. SUPER COOL uses conduction, convection, and radiation to create the coolest environment for your equipment.
The S5N8 retains all of the sound characteristics you've grown to trust in the original driver, created over 25 years ago, and packages them into a lightweight driver that stays true to sound, power and reliability.
- By using a neodymium magnet, Galaxy Audio was able to retain the sound qualities of the original driver but reduce the weight to 1/3rd its predecessor.
- SUPER COOL
- Galaxy Audio's patented SUPER COOL system dissipates heat in three different ways to keep your components as cool as possible.
- Better High Frequencies
- By using an edge wound voice coil the efficiency of the speaker is increased and you get a better high frequency response.
- Maximum Sound Levels
- The controlled bandwidth transducer provides maximum sound levels and unsurpassed durability in strenuous operating conditions.
- Less Distortion, Longer Life
- Ferrofluid cooling reduces the amount of distortion and power compression while actually increasing the speaker's life.