The Schneider 180mm f/5.6 Makro-Symmar HM Lens is a large format lens specifically designed for macro use, primarily for the 4x5 or 5x7 formats. It can also be used upon smaller cameras provided you've got the needed bellows length, and even can be used upon 8x10 cameras at 1:1 magnification. The Makro-Symmar HM, within its recommended 1:4 to 4:1 reproduction ratio range, produces images with superior resolution, contrast, and color correction. The difference versus a common-use large format lens is stunning. It is an apochromatic design, and incorporates costly ULD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) glass elements for the highest possible quality. The Makro-Symmar HM is meant to be used at larger apertures to limit the degradation of image quality caused by diffraction.
Even at a lowered 1:2 reproduction ratio, this Makro-Symmar HM allows 41mm of all-direction shift with a 5x7 camera, and at higher reproduction ratios you'll have all of the image circle you could ever need for 4x5 or 5x7 use.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for macro use
- Designed for the 5x7 format, but easily adapted to 4x5 and even 8x10 (at 1:1 and larger ratios)
- Recommended for use at ratios as low as 1:4, and to a maximum of 4:1
- Standard view with 47° coverage
- Apochromatic design which employs ULD glass to eliminate color fringing
- Ideal working aperture range of f/8-11
- Accepts 58mm threaded filters
- Rear barrel diameter of just 57mm easily fits into nearly any large format camera
- Standard type Copal #1 shutter