The AlanPack 1 from Sonoma Wire Works is an expansion pack of drum material recorded by Alan White (Yes, John Lennon) and for use within DrumCore.
Known for making even the oddest time signatures groove, the content contains beats, fills and variations in 7/4, 7/8, 5/4 and 9/4, with the occasional 4/4 loop thrown in.
The pack includes additional drum kits for use with DrumCore's MIDI sound module/virtual instrument not included in the original library.
AlanPack 1 Content
- 17/8 that sits in the pocket. Over a dozen variations (not including fills) with different dynamics and voicings (rides, hats, no kick, etc.) Tempos range from 110 to 140 BPM
- Endless Dream
- Slow with tight snares and ghost note variations. 50 to 80 BPM
- Tight sounding "prog" construction kit from 140 to 160 BPM in 4/4, 7/4 and 9/4
- Snow White
- Starts in 4/4 with a 1/8th note feel, but that's only a point of departure. Variations include 1/2 time feels, all flavors of snare accents (including snare on 1 and 3) with ghost notes, plus turnarounds and 6/4 variations
- Shoot High
- Classic Alan White groove with snare on the 3 and building from sparse to 16th hi-hats with dramatic flam variations. 85 to 105 BPM
- Square Seven
- In 7/8, from 80 to 120 BPM with a vast array of variations (China rides and punches for example) plus a few bits of 4/4 to cut in for the "B" sections. A tight sounding kit accenting the click of the hats and the crack of the snare