The SlyPack 1 from Sonoma Wire Works is an expansion pack of drum material recorded by Sly Dunbar (Marley, Tosh and Black Uhuru) for use within DrumCore.
This pack is for anyone who requires authentic reggae and classic ska drums. From its light and playful hi-hat figures to the snare drops and ghost notes, this groove pack captures the sounds of true Jamaican drumming.
Note! This DrummerPack is exclusively audio content and MIDI drum kits. There are no MIDI grooves.
- Style Variations
- Africa - variation on a "2-beat" with half-open hats, march, open hi-hat pushes, etc.
- Black Sun Ska - relaxed ska groove with average of 5 variations and fills per tempo
- Bull Pen - straight 4 (kick on 1) with lots of stick, timbale, march and tom variations
- Drop Legs - Dancing 1-drop beat with variations that include stick, open hats and marches
- Ion Zion - based on a straight 4 groove and includes bongo, timbale, toms, march snare, etc.
- J Guy - pop/rock reggae with some tom, push and hi-hat variations and with 5 fills per tempo on average
- Mash It Up - cool variations like pony, monkey, sneaky, skippy, flutter, trippin', tik-tok
- Nuff Drops - 1-drop with some nice twists like drags, skips, bongos, timbales, sticks, etc.
- Phoenix Ska - big city energy including variations with ride and hats with around 6 fills per tempo
- Sinsemilla - straight 4 reggae beat with lots of march snare, tom and timbale variations
- Sponji - "squirming" reggae beats with "plenty" variations
- Wicked World - reggae/ska groove with many variations including tight or open hi-hats