The AlphaTrack from Frontier Design is a single fader, compact controller that adds tactile control to digital audio workstations. The unit features a high-resolution, touch sensitive, motorized fader, a jog/shuttle strip, three rotary encoders and a set of twenty-two buttons and twenty-one LEDs.
The unit connects to a computer via a single USB cable, through which the controller also receives its power. This makes it especially attractive for laptop operation. The back panel includes a footswitch jack for easy punch-in recording.
The AlphaTrack's touch-sensitive jog and shuttle strip allows the user to slide a finger across its surface and the project's timeline scrolls in response. Placing a second finger onto the strip controls the timeline's shuttle speed. The user can also tap on the left or right ends of the strip to navigate through a project's markers.
The controller works with both Mac OS X and Windows XP operating systems and can integrate with all the major music applications on the market.
- Single fader control surface, optimized for fast DAW mixing and editing in a small footprint
- 100mm touch-sensitive, high-resolution (true 10-bit positions) motorized fader
- Three touch-sensitive encoders. Context-specific feedback appears on the 32-character back-lit display
- Touch-sensitive jog and shuttle strip for fast timeline control
- 22 buttons and 21 LEDs for track-specific and global functions
- Footswitch input on back panel
- USB bus powered