The Schneider 58mm f/5.6 Super-Angulon XL Lens is a long-time professional's favorite for use as a super wide angle lens for the 4x5 format. It provides an angle of view on 4x5 which is similar to a 16mm lens in the 35mm format, and is primarily used to capture expansive interiors or buildings which are tightly surrounded with other structures. The Super-Angulon XL lenses have extremely high correction of distortion, which is critical in architectural photography. Beyond the coverage, the lens' large f/5.6 maximum aperture helps to ease the difficulty of focusing the camera in poor light.
The 58mm Super-Angulon XL's 110° angle of coverage permits some shifting on the 4x5 format, which is particularly beneficial when capturing a building from ground level. It uses 67mm EW filters, and for critical work with transparency film it is strongly recommended to use their dedicated #3b center filter.
- Extremely sharp ultra wide lens for professional results in the 4x5 format
- Excellent correction of perspective distortion
- Increased coverage to an extreme 110°
- Bright maximum aperture to allow easier focusing
- Allows ±8mm of rise/fall/shift (in both vertical/horizontal composition) for 4x5 format
- Accepts 67mm EW filters
- Optional center filter for critical correction of light falloff when working with transparency films
- Standard-style Copal #0 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/500th speed