The Dorrough 10-AE Analog Loudness Meter +43dB is a single-channel version of Dorrough's standard 40-A loudness meter with a display scale allowing 43dB of headroom in 1dB steps and Phoenix (euroblock) connectors. The headroom scale is identical to the AES/EBU Digital Standard.
This meter provides access phase correlation, peak hold, sum/diff, and reference mode allowing 0 reference setting to .1dB accuracy, directly or with the optional remote control. Rack mounting is required.
- Dual Displays
- With these easy to read monitors you can view two channels or projects simultaneously, side-by-side. They are made to install easily in a custom console or with optional rack mounts. Dorrough rack adapters for the model 12 series are available with cutouts for either single or double meters. Both are 2RU high and 19" wide.
- Peak and Average Level Metering
- The 10-AE, like all Dorrough loudness meters, simultaneously displays peak and average, in this model up to +43dB. The relative difference, in dB, between these two ballistics is derived from the integration time of the persistence scale.
- Right and Left Inputs for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup causing a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.