The Dorrough 40-AE Analog Loudness Meter +43dB is a loudness meter with a large display scale allowing 43dB of headroom in 1dB steps and XLR left and right connectors. The headroom scale is identical to the AES/EBU Digital Standard.
This three-color meter provides access phase correlation, peak hold, sum/diff, and reference mode allowing 0 reference setting to .1dB accuracy, directly or with the optional remote control. Rackmounting is required.
- Dual Displays
- With these easy-to-read monitors you can view two channels or projects simultaneously, side-by-side. They are made to install easily in a custom console or in a rack with optional rack mounts.
- Peak and Average Level Metering
- The 40-AE, like all Dorrough loudness meters, simultaneously displays peak and average, in this model up to +43dB. The relative difference, in dB, between these two ballistics is derived from the integration time of the persistence scale.
- Right and Left Inputs for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup that causes a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.