The Dorrough 40-AE Analog Loudness Meter +37dB is loudness meter with a large display scale allowing 373dB of headroom in 1dB steps and XLR left and right connectors. The headroom scale is identical to the AES/EBU Digital Standard.
This three-color meter provides access phase correlation, peak hold, sum/diff, and reference mode allowing 0 reference setting to .1dB accuracy, directly or with the optional remote control. Rack mounting is required.
- Actual Energy Display
- Dorrough Loudness Meters display actual energy content of the program material, regardless of frequency, while still indicating the peak amplitude of the complex audio signal. This feature allows all program material to be adjusted for equal perceived loudness while protecting the peak of the waveform.
- Peak and Average Level Metering
- The 40-CE simultaneously displays peak and average, in this model up to +37dB. The relative difference, in dB, between these two ballistics is derived from the integration time of the persistence scale.
- Right and Left Inputs for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup that can cause a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.