The Dorrough 10-B Analog Loudness Meter with Percent Modulation is a smaller single-channel version of Dorrough's standard 40-A loudness monitor that measures Relative Loudness to Peak Modulation. Access phase correlation, peak hold, sum/diff, and reference mode allowing 0 reference setting to .1dB accuracy, directly or with the optional remote control.
It has an external power supply with Phoenix (euroblock) connectors. Rack mounting is required.
- Actual Energy Display
- Dorrough Loudness Meters display actual energy content of the program material, regardless of frequency, while still indicating the peak amplitude of the complex audio signal. This feature allows all program material to be adjusted for equal perceived loudness while protecting the peak of the waveform.
- Peak and Average Level Metering
- The 10-B, like all Dorrough loudness meters, simultaneously displays peak and average, but measures relative loudness to peak. The relative difference, in dB, between these two ballistics is derived from the integration time of the persistence scale.
- Right and Left In puts for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup that can cause a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.