The Dorrough 20-C Analog Loudness Meter is a single-channel version of Dorrough's standard 40 series loudness meter with a straight-line scale designed for applications with limited vertical space and display calibrated to +20dB.
This meter provides access phase correlation, peak hold, sum/diff, and reference mode allowing 0 reference setting to .1dB accuracy, directly or with the optional remote control. It has Phoenix (euroblock) connectors. Rack mounting is required.
- Straight Line Display
- The 20 Series is functionally identical to the 40 series, except that the 20s have a straight-line scale designed for applications with limited vertical space. These easy-to-read meters are made to install easily in a custom console or with optional rack mounts.
- Peak and Average Percent Metering
- The 20-C, like all Dorrough loudness meters, simultaneously displays peak and average, in this model with a straight-line scale designed for applications with limited vertical space and calibrated to +20dB. The relative difference, in dB, between Peak and Average ballistics is derived from the integration time of the persistence scale.
- Right and Left Inputs for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup that can cause a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.