The Ewa-Marine U-BXP100 housing is specially designed to fit the bulky, professional digital SLR cameras such as the Canon 1Ds or the Nikon D2X, D200 and similar cameras. Smaller SLR cameras can still be used in the housing. The housing is manufactured from double laminated PVC and has an optical glass port. It is rated for dives of up to 155' (50 m) depth.
Perfect for snorkeling, diving, sandy, dusty, humidity or foul weather conditions. This housing will give your camera the best possible protection while being fully operable.
If the optional BF1 lead weight is inserted into the housing, underneath the camera, it becomes even easier to reach the maximum depth. The auto focus of the camera continues to function perfectly. As you descend, the air is pressed into the camera. Due to this, the pressure inside the housing will remain the same as the surrounding water pressure (this is the reason why ewa-marine housings are so safe to use: implosions are impossible). Due to this, we have to start the dive with a suitable amount of air inside the housing. The foam pads supplied with the housing are part of this air "reservoir" and additional air should also be blown into the housing, via the valve at the rear, to ensure that the maximum volume is being utilized.
It has a pair of non-corrosive and seawater resistant clamping rails which fit together for sealing. They tighten by means of screw knobs. The external flash that is commonly used on SLR cameras fits into the specially designed section on the top of the housing.
This housing accommodates a maximum 82mm lens filter size, and comes supplied with a threaded 77mm lens-to-port adapter ring. An optional 82mm adapter is also available (#CA82).This allows wide-angle lenses to be used with this housing. All lenses used with this housing must have internal focus.
- For large Digital SLR Cameras
- Specially designed to fit the bulky, professional digital SLR cameras such as the Canon 1Ds or the Nikon D2X, D200 and similar cameras
- Wide-Angle Lenses
- 16mm lenses can be used with full frame format cameras in this housing; Cameras with APS size chips can use lenses as wide as 10mm
- Larger Filter Sizes
- Accommodates a maximum 82mm lens filter size
- Double Laminated PVC Construction
- Long lasting housing solution that is easy to maintain and packs in minimal space
- Camera Functions
- Access to all camera functions through the PVC
- External Flash
- The external flash that is commonly used on SLR cameras fits into the specially designed section on the top of the housing
- Versatile Size and Weight
- Small enough to use for other sporting activities like skiing or fishing. Can change buoyancy by adding air or weight
- Priced significantly less than conventional housings