The Dorrough 380-AE Vertical Loudness Meter +43dB is a professional analog loudness meter, with a dual-channel vertical linear display ideal for situations where many channels must be monitored in limited space, such as a mobile news van or crowded control room. The close side-by-side positioning of the two monitored channels facilitates critical comparisons.
The unit shows simultaneous average and peak program information, with separate ballistics and lightning-fast response. It is equipped with a 40-LED bar graph with 43dB headroom displayed in 1dB steps. It is outfitted with XLR, DIP switch assignments, and mini DIN pin out, standard on most Dorrough units.
- Straight Line Display
- The 380 Series is functionally identical to the 40 series, except that the 380s have a straight-line scale designed for applications with limited vertical space. These easy-to-read meters are made to install easily in a custom console or in a rack with optional rack mounts.
- Dual Channel Meter
- These meters are ideal for situations where many channels must be monitored in a limited space, such as a mobile news van or crowded control room. The close side-by-side positioning of the two monitored channels facilitates critical comparisons.
- Peak and Average Metering
- The 380AE, like all Dorrough loudness meters, simultaneously displays peak and average, in this model on an extended straight-line scale display calibrated to +43dB. The relative difference, in dB, between Peak and Average ballistics is derived from the integration time of the persistence scale.
- Right and Left Inputs for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup that causes a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.