The Dorrough 400-C Analog Loudness Meter +20dB is a jumbo version of the Dorrough 40 series professional analog loudness meter, visible from distances of over 50 feet and designed for modern theater or concert audio requirements. The 400-C has simultaneous average and peak program display in a large arc-style meter with separate ballistics and lightning-fast response. It is equipped with a 40-LED bar graph, showing 1dB of resolution per LED, and 20dB of headroom identical to the AES/EBU Digital Standard.
A remote control is now available for these units and will access the functions of phase correlation display, peak hold, sum/diff, and activate a reference mode allowing for accurate 0 setting within .1dB. A red LED notification alarm is present on the front of the unit.
- Actual Energy Display
- Dorrough Loudness Meters display actual energy content of the program material, regardless of frequency, while still indicating the peak amplitude of the complex audio signal. This feature allows all program material to be adjusted for equal perceived loudness while protecting the peak of the waveform.
- Extra Large Display
- Designed for theater or concert applications, this meter can be seen from up to 50' away. The display is in large arc-style with three-color LED single channel meters.
- Peak and Average Level Metering
- The 400-C, like all Dorrough loudness meters, simultaneously displays peak and average, in this model up to +20dB. The relative difference, in dB, between these two ballistics is derived from the integration time of the persistence scale.
- Right and Left Inputs for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup that can cause a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.