The Dorrough 380D2 Digital Double Scale Loudness Meter -57dB 32-96k is a two-channel digital loudness meter in AES/EBU linear style, designed for insertion directly into the digital data-stream. It has a dual-channel vertical linear display with -57dB headroom, and an external power supply.
This model is designed for console mounting, rackmounting, or custom installations. It is built with XLR, DIP switch assignments, and mini DIN pin out. A mating connector is supplied prewired to the supplied power pack. A wired remote-control option is also available.
- Straight Line Display
- The 380 Series is functionally identical to the 40 series, except that the 380s have a straight-line scale designed for applications with limited vertical space. These easy-to-read meters are made to install easily in a custom console or in a rack with optional rack mounts.
- Dual Channel Meter
- These meters are ideal for situations where many channels must be monitored in limited space, such as a mobile news van or crowded control room. The close side-by-side positioning of the two monitored channels facilitates critical comparisons.
- Peak and Average Metering
- The Dorrough 380 digital meters feature both peak and average level display simultaneously, over indication, and selectable peak hold. They conform to all AES 3 (1992) specifications, and are compatible to 96ks.
- Right and Left Inputs for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup that causes a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.