The Dorrough 280D3 Digital Loudness Meter-39dB 32-96k -18 Rfrn is a two-channel digital-reading stereo loudness meter in AES/EBU linear style, designed for insertion directly into the digital data-stream. It has a dual-channel horizontal linear display with 39dB headroom, and an external power supply. The 280-D3 is referenced at -18dB for the EBU standard. Compatible formats 32, 44.1, 48, 96ks. 110 and 75 ohm inputs.
This model is designed for console mounting, rackmounting, or custom installations. It is built with XLR, DIP switch assignments, and mini DIN pin out. A mating connector prewired to the power pack is also supplied. A wired remote control option is also available.
- Straight Line Display
- The 280 Series is functionally identical to the 40 series, except that the 280s have a straight-line scale designed for applications with limited horizontal space. These easy-to-read meters are made to install easily in a custom console or in a rack with optional rack mounts.
- Dual Channel Meter
- These meters are ideal for situations where many channels must be monitored in limited space, such as a mobile news van or crowded control room. It has a dual-channel horizontal linear display with 39dB headroom, and an external power supply. The 280-D3 is referenced at -18dB for the EBU standard. Compatible formats 32, 44.1, 48, 96ks. 110 and 75 ohm inputs.
- Peak and Average Metering
- The Dorrough 280 digital meters feature both peak and average level display simultaneously, over indication, and selectable peak hold. They conform to all AES 3 (1992) specifications, and are compatible to 96ks.
- Right and Left Inputs for Stereo Mixing
- With one instrument, the operator can easily see the stereo mix and avoid classic in-phase/out-of-phase problems as well as center channel buildup that causes a mix to seem louder. This is especially important in preparing stereo program material for broadcast, while still being able to maintain monaural compatibility.