This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
Schmidt & Bender is a premium optics company based in Germany. Their history begins in 1957 with the development and manufacturing of riflescopes for hunting by moonlight. Since then, they have focused exclusively on designing and producing extremely high-quality sighting systems that hunters and tactical marksmen rely on to deal with the most difficult of lighting and environmental conditions. Successful missions often depend upon your ability to improvise-adapt-overcome. Consider the extreme savings, obstacles & hardships endured towards attaining success:  when such efforts boil down to the moment of a single shot determining whether a life is saved or a trophy is bagged, excuses are irrelevant.
Keeping things simple can often be the best solution. Mounting the 6x42 Classic Riflescope to your favorite rifle keeps it simple, classy, and deadly. The moderate fixed power (6x) of this scope is an excellent choice for all shooting endeavors except very long range shooting. Since there is no zoom ring to fuss with, you have a greater opportunity to keep your focus on the hunt, your quarry, and your next move. This is a sleek mounting scope, constructed from a very durable 1.0" main tube that sports a 42mm objective. This configuration allows you to mount the assembly low to the action, an obvious advantage when you find yourself scrambling through heavy cover to get to your blind or to make that shot of a lifetime. You'll find the optics in this scope to be quite amazing, with a crystal clear and extremely sharp sight picture. Schmidt & Bender designs their scopes for night time hunting. So even when the sun is close to the horizon, you'll swear it's high noon!
To use a riflescope with your firearm, you'll need a mounting base and mounting rings in addition to the scope itself. Bases attach to your firearm and rings attach to your scope. By affixing the scope mounted rings to the rifle mounted base you create a reliable, accurate, and secure sighting system. Proper spacing of the rings, as well as the ring height should be considered to ensure a proper line of sight can be established. This will maximize the value of your investment, and enhance your shooting experience. It should be noted that in many mounting applications, a professional gunsmith's skills will be needed for proper installation.
- +2/-3 Dioptric correction
- .360" MOA precision adjustments
- Totally waterproof and fogproof
- Parallax free at 100 yds (91 m) to infinity
- 1.0" Main tube is carefully crafted from a single piece of rugged aluminum alloy
- 6x Magnification is versatile, simple to work with, and effective for all but very long shots
- #7 Reticle
- The #7 reticle offers the advantages of both a German #4 and a standard 'plex' type reticle. Three long, medium weight, non-tapered posts stand out clearly at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock while a single stadia sits vertically at 12 o'clock. Fine cross hairs intersect in the center, indicating your point of impact. This reticle stands out against heavy cover extremely well, while the fine stadia obscure a minimal amount of area in your sight picture for quick target acquisition.