Schmidt & Bender is a premium optics company based in Germany. Their history begins in 1957 with the development and manufacturing of riflescopes for hunting by moonlight. Since then, they have focused exclusively on designing and producing extremely high-quality sighting systems that hunters and tactical marksmen rely on to deal with the most difficult of lighting and environmental conditions. Successful missions often depend upon your ability to improvise-adapt-overcome. Consider the extreme savings, obstacles & hardships endured towards attaining success:  when such efforts boil down to the moment of a single shot determining whether a life is saved or a trophy is bagged, excuses are irrelevant.
Keeping things simple can often be the best solution. Mounting the 6x42 Classic Riflescope to your favorite rifle keeps it simple, classy, and deadly. The moderate fixed power (6x) of this scope is an excellent choice for all shooting endeavors except very long range shooting. Since there is no zoom ring to fuss with, you have a greater opportunity to keep your focus on the hunt, your quarry, and your next move. This is a sleek mounting scope, constructed from a very durable 1.0" main tube that sports a 42mm objective. This configuration allows you to mount the assembly low to the action, an obvious advantage when you find yourself scrambling through heavy cover to get to your blind or to make that shot of a lifetime. You'll find the optics in this scope to be quite amazing, with a crystal clear and extremely sharp sight picture. Schmidt & Bender designs their scopes for night time hunting. So even when the sun is close to the horizon, you'll swear it's high noon!
To use a riflescope with your firearm, you'll need a mounting base and mounting rings in addition to the scope itself. Bases attach to your firearm and rings attach to your scope. By affixing the scope mounted rings to the rifle mounted base you create a reliable, accurate, and secure sighting system. Proper spacing of the rings, as well as the ring height should be considered to ensure a proper line of sight can be established. This will maximize the value of your investment, and enhance your shooting experience. It should be noted that in many mounting applications, a professional gunsmith's skills will be needed for proper installation.
- +2/-3 Dioptric correction
- .360" MOA precision adjustments
- Totally waterproof and fogproof
- Parallax free at 100 yds (91 m) to infinity
- 1.0" Main tube is carefully crafted from a single piece of rugged aluminum alloy
- 6x Magnification is versatile, simple to work with, and effective for all but very long shots
- #9 Reticle
- The #9 reticle delivers the ability to gain quick sight acquisition against heavy cover, dense brush or busy backgrounds. Three long, heavy, non-tapered posts at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock pull your eye directly to the center of your sight picture quickly. Fine cross hairs intersect at the exact center of your line of sight and a fine circle outlines the center for positive and accurate shot placement. A single stadia at 12 o'clock finesses the picture and allows the shooter to clearly see what is directly above the target with ease.