Schmidt & Bender is a premium optics company based in Germany. Their history begins in 1957 with the development and manufacturing of riflescopes for hunting by moonlight. Since then, they have focused exclusively on designing and producing extremely high-quality sighting systems that hunters and tactical marksmen rely on to deal with the most difficult of lighting and environmental conditions. Successful missions often depend upon your ability to improvise-adapt-overcome. Consider the extreme savings, obstacles & hardships endured towards attaining success:  when such efforts boil down to the moment of a single shot determining whether a life is saved or a trophy is bagged, excuses are irrelevant.
European practicality, simplicity and refinement are quite evident in the 8x56 Classic Riflescope. In this scope you'll find the legendary world class coated optics that Schmidt & Bender are known for, so your sight picture will be clear, sharp and loaded with fine details. The 56mm objective lens is quite impressive, and might suggest overkill to the uninitiated. However, we do know that game moves at dawn and dusk; the resulting high twilight factor from this larger objective is definitely a welcome addition for those who head out early and stay out late. The rugged 1.0" aluminum alloy main tube helps to keep the footprint as low as possible, and offers resilience against abuse and the occasional accidental bump. This scope offers a bit more power, and at 8x you'll be able to shoot over longer distances successfully without having to second guess your shot placement. Whether you're perched in a stand awaiting a trophy to appear, or traversing across a wide open plain, your choice to mount this fine optic onto your favorite receiver will certainly give you the edge you need for a memorable hunt.
To use a riflescope with your firearm, you'll need a mounting base and mounting rings in addition to the scope itself. Bases attach to your firearm and rings attach to your scope. By affixing the scope mounted rings to the rifle mounted base you create a reliable, accurate, and secure sighting system. Proper spacing of the rings, as well as the ring height should be considered to ensure a proper line of sight can be established. This will maximize the value of your investment, and enhance your shooting experience. It should be noted that in many mounting applications, a professional gunsmith's skills will be needed for proper installation.
- +2/-3 Dioptric correction
- .360" MOA precision adjustments
- Totally waterproof and fogproof
- Parallax free at 100 yds (91 m) to infinity
- 1.0" Main tube is carefully crafted from a single piece of rugged aluminum alloy
- 8x Magnification gives you an edge when shooting across greater distances is necessary
- #7 Reticle
- The #7 reticle offers the advantages of both a German #4 and a standard 'plex' type reticle. Three long, medium weight, non-tapered posts stand out clearly at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock while a single stadia sits vertically at 12 o'clock. Fine cross hairs intersect in the center, indicating your point of impact. This reticle stands out against heavy cover extremely well, while the fine stadia obscure a minimal amount of area in your sight picture for quick target acquisition.