This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
Schmidt & Bender is a premium optics company based in Germany. Their history begins in 1957 with the development and manufacturing of riflescopes for hunting by moonlight. Since then, they have focused exclusively on designing and producing extremely high-quality sighting systems that hunters and tactical marksmen rely on to deal with the most difficult of lighting and environmental conditions. Successful missions often depend upon your ability to improvise-adapt-overcome. Consider the extreme savings, obstacles & hardships endured towards attaining success:  when such efforts boil down to the moment of a single shot determining whether a life is saved or a trophy is bagged, excuses are irrelevant.
European practicality, simplicity and refinement are quite evident in the 8x56 Classic Riflescope. In this scope you'll find the legendary world class coated optics that Schmidt & Bender are known for, so your sight picture will be clear, sharp and loaded with fine details. The 56mm objective lens is quite impressive, and might suggest overkill to the uninitiated. However, we do know that game moves at dawn and dusk; the resulting high twilight factor from this larger objective is definitely a welcome addition for those who head out early and stay out late. The rugged 1.0" aluminum alloy main tube helps to keep the footprint as low as possible, and offers resilience against abuse and the occasional accidental bump. This scope offers a bit more power, and at 8x you'll be able to shoot over longer distances successfully without having to second guess your shot placement. Whether you're perched in a stand awaiting a trophy to appear, or traversing across a wide open plain, your choice to mount this fine optic onto your favorite receiver will certainly give you the edge you need for a memorable hunt.
To use a riflescope with your firearm, you'll need a mounting base and mounting rings in addition to the scope itself. Bases attach to your firearm and rings attach to your scope. By affixing the scope mounted rings to the rifle mounted base you create a reliable, accurate, and secure sighting system. Proper spacing of the rings, as well as the ring height should be considered to ensure a proper line of sight can be established. This will maximize the value of your investment, and enhance your shooting experience. It should be noted that in many mounting applications, a professional gunsmith's skills will be needed for proper installation.
- +2/-3 Dioptric correction
- .360" MOA precision adjustments
- Totally waterproof and fogproof
- Parallax free at 100 yds (91 m) to infinity
- 1.0" Main tube is carefully crafted from a single piece of rugged aluminum alloy
- 8x Magnification gives you an edge when shooting across greater distances is necessary
- #9 Reticle
- The #9 reticle delivers the ability to gain quick sight acquisition against heavy cover, dense brush or busy backgrounds. Three long, heavy, non-tapered posts at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock pull your eye directly to the center of your sight picture quickly. Fine cross hairs intersect at the exact center of your line of sight and a fine circle outlines the center for positive and accurate shot placement. A single stadia at 12 o'clock finesses the picture and allows the shooter to clearly see what is directly above the target with ease.