The Rane Series Dynamics from Serato consists of two TDM plug-ins for the Digidesign Pro Tools HD or VENUE platforms. The first, a compressor plug-in is based around Rane's top-of-the-line hardware C4 compressor, while a gate plug-in is based on the hardware G4 gate from the same series.
The plug-in utilize the Rane DSP processes that provide the original hardware pieces with their pristine sound, while adding additional features that give the user even greater control over the functioning of the plug-in.
Rane Series Dynamics supports sample rates up to 192kHz and can be used in mono, stereo, and multi-mono modes. In some cases, stereo mode is recommended over multi-mono mode for the Dynamics plug-ins because it links the channels to preserve a stable stereo image.
Rane Series Compressor
- Fully featured compressor/limiter that provides the ability to create a wide range of effects from smooth and subtle to squashed and extreme
- Compressor mode allows the user to key from a fully adjustable parametric EQ on the side chain
- Dynamic EQ mode allows for de-essing or selectively compressing any frequency relative to the rest of the mix
Rane Series Gate
- Comprehensive gate, ducker and expander
- Look-ahead delay and program-dependant pre-ramping provides not only click free gating but never misses a transient
- Provides everything from subtle and transparent dynamic control to total on/off noise gating